The product data syndication meaning is distributing product data feeds across several eCommerce platforms, marketplaces, and sales channels while adhering to each of their unique...
1. Provide a consistent customer experience
If you find it close to impossible to keep your brand consistent due to the different format and product criteria required for each marketplace, you are not alone. This can hinder your aspirations to be everywhere your customers are, yet still develop a distinct brand.
To be consistent, you have to ensure everything you do contributes to creating a brand people recognize and trust. The best way to do this is to consider the brand you wish to present and begin enriching your online content to show off your unique value proposition.
Consistency across all your digital media and content sets you apart, allowing you to create meaningful, brand-focused customer experiences.
2. Develop a balanced marketing strategy
Selling across different marketplaces can really complicate your marketing strategy. Omnichannel eCommerce uses multiple channels to sell products which means you have to create an omnichannel marketing strategy with suitable marketing tactics. This involves the following to create balance:
- Optimize your website for mobile shoppers
- Only use the channels your customers frequent to focus your efforts effectively
- Map your customer’s journey to make sure you don’t leave any gaps or create unpleasant encounters with your brand
- Make sure your content aligns with each marketing channel but reflects your brand in a consistent manner to improve interactions with your brand
- Segment your audience based on demographics but also buyer behavior specific to each channel
- Include shoppable posts as part of your marketing strategy
- Create fun, logical cross-selling scenarios to help improve customer experiences
- Assess your marketing stack and make sure it includes everything you need to address customer service, marketing campaigns, product information management, logistics, tracking and more
- Never stop testing campaigns so you can constantly improve your marketing efforts
3. ABT: Always Be Testing
Testing your campaigns and the tactics you use ensures you are reaching your audience effectively. As a result, you avoid investing money where you see very little ROI. You should have a tech stack that enables you to glean endless insights.
You can test simple variables like CTA’s, headings, and images to see where you get the best results. In addition, you can incorporate the elements that stand out as you find them in other campaigns, and then find ways to improve them. This will help improve conversion rates based on specific desired customer actions.
4. Centralized product information
All omnichannel e-tailers need to create a single source of truth for each SKU. Without it, you are faced with an ongoing nightmare of managing a monster that is constantly evolving and growing. In other words, omnichannel eCommerce calls for a centralized product information source to manage thousands of products.
Consequently, it’s easier for people throughout your enterprise to access up-to-date information. Everything is vetted through the approval system with product information that is correct and ready for customer viewing. Your hub enables you to create distinct format requirements so you can meet the needs of each marketplace effortlessly.
5. Have a PIM/DAM in place
In most cases, you either have a DAM or PIM in place to store your product information. A DAM is your digital asset management software. It enables you to store all your digital content in all the necessary formats to meet the needs of each channel. Your PIM is your product information management system allowing you to take raw data and turn it into enriched product information. In turn, you can store, search, and upload images and copy to different marketplaces and marketing channels as required.
If you choose a PIM/DAM combination, you can manage all five steps easily. You can collect high-quality digital assets to create format-friendly versions to suit the varying needs of your channels. You can also create marketing content for your campaigns, always feel confident you are providing the detailed information required to sell products at every channel and develop and execute an omnichannel strategy that is constantly improving customer experience.
Pimberly offers the ideal PIM/DAM solution to allow you to succeed in the omnichannel landscape. You can easily create a consistent experience for customers to gain brand