Product Title Examples to Sell More Products [+ Product Title Generators to Check Out]
To give you an idea of what a good product title looks like, take inspiration from the following examples:
When consumers spend big bucks on luxury goods, your product titles must be on point. Here’s why we like Harvey Nichols’ example:
- Brand recognition: ‘GUCCI’ instantly grabs attention. Making it the centerpiece of the product title helps leverage its strong brand pull.
- Distinctive design detail: ‘GG-monogrammed’ highlights the unique feature of the iconic product.
- Material description: describing the sweatpants as a ‘metallic jersey’ gives a clear idea of the product’s material. In this context, it suggests a modern twist on a traditional theme.
Here’s why we love this example from Andertons Music Co.:
- The devil’s in the detail: The specific product model is clearly stated. This level of detail is crucial for musicians familiar with Soldano’s product range.
- Appeal to the target audience: Electric guitar players love overdrive. The inclusion of ‘SUPER LEAD OVERDRIVE’ will appeal to rock and blues players everywhere. Anderson clearly knows its target audience, tailoring their product titles accordingly.
- The title effectively communicates the brand, model, and key features concisely. Andertons demonstrate knowledge of their products and target audience without being wordy.
Next up, we have an example from the building materials sector. Here’s why JT Dove’s example stands out:
- Technical specification: Building materials must feature detailed product information, or you risk severe consequences. Including technical specifications in the title is crucial to customers determining the quantity they need for a specific project.
- Thickness Description: The thickness (150mm) is a crucial factor for insulation. After all, different thicknesses provide levels of thermal efficiency. Stating this in the title means consumers can save time searching for the information.
- Overall clarify: The title efficiency conveys the key aspects (brand, purpose, size, thickness) straightforwardly. This allows customers to make informed decisions based on vital technical specifications.
Product Title Generators: Tools to Use
If you’re stuck on how to write product titles, don’t worry. To help save you time and accelerate your go-to-market, here are some product title generators:
- Ahrefs: A solid SEO product title generator. Ahrefs will generate product names in line with your tone of voice.
- Namechk: Get product name suggestions in just a few clicks. Create catchy, concise SEO product titles in minutes.
- Copy.ai: Another free product title generator, leverage their powerful AI functionality to create product titles that align with product title SEO best practice
- Pimberly’s Copy AI: Create AI-generated product descriptions and titles in seconds. Copy AI’s powerful functionality ensures your product titles align with your brand’s tone of voice.
- Chat GPT-4: Chat GPT can write code, generate images—and write product titles! It’s not a dedicated SEO product title generator. But, provide Chat GPT with enough context and detailed prompts, and you can create detailed product titles in seconds.
- Namify: Leverage modern AI technology and create future-proof product titles in seconds.
- Brandbucket: As well as providing an intuitive tool, Brandbucket includes detailed information about product title best practices.
Google Shopping Product Title Optimization: 8 Key Rules to Follow
To ensure your products rank on Google, you need to follow Google shopping product titles’ best practices. For a deep dive, we have a blog on how to list and sell on Google, just click here.
1. Research Google’s requirements for product titles
First things first, Google has rules. For instance, your listing won’t get approved if you have too many capitals or use excessive punctuation in your product titles (exclamation marks are the main culprit).
You can find Google’s rulebook for sellers by clicking here.
2. Consider your target audience.
Understanding what makes your customers tick is crucial to influencing them to purchase.
Make sure your title highlights relevant elements of product information. Doing so allows consumers to easily pick out your products if they’re skimming a page of search results. So, it’s essential to understand which pieces of information stand out to your target audience. This typically differs depending on your audience’s preferences.
3. Start your titles with key elements of product information
Google will only show 70 characters. So, ensure you put essential product information aspects at the title’s start. This might be brand name (‘Gucci’), primary function (‘wireless Bluetooth headphones’), or other key features (‘4K Ultra HD Smart TV’).
4. Use all 150 characters
Yes—Google will only show 70 characters. However, the optimal Google shopping product title length is 150 characters. Google recommends you use all characters available.
This is because the characters that aren’t visible to end-users still influence Google’s decision on ranking your products.
5. Include key product details in the title
Customers will often search by including key search details in their query. For instance, ‘waterproof hiking boots for women size 8’, ‘organic dog food for small breeds,’ or ‘gaming laptop with RTX 2060 and 16GB RAM’. Detailed and keyword-rich product titles are essential for creating SEO product titles that convert browsers to buyers.
Customers often look for particular products. So, be as detailed as possible with your product titles. Doing so will increase your conversion rates.
6. Analyze competitors
Keep a watchful eye on your competition. Analyzing competitor titles helps you identify effective keywords. Incorporating similar keywords will improve your product’s visibility in Google search results.
7. Brand loyalty is key
As we saw in the three examples, include the brand in your product title. After all, brand loyalty is a key reason people purchase. Make sure to include the brand in your product title. If it’s a popular brand, feature it in a prominent place.
8. Keep testing and analyzing
Well-optimized product titles will drive product discoverability and your conversion rates through the roof.
Keep your eyes on Click-Through Rate (CTR), impressions, and your average position on search results pages and adjust accordingly.
Currently, the average CTR of Google Shopping is .86%. The average conversion rate is 1.91%.
Amazon Product Title Optimization
Writing product titles for Amazon comes with its own set of requirements. Below, we break down how to write Amazon product titles.
What is Amazon SEO?
In short, Amazon SEO involves optimizing your product listings to help them rank higher in searches on Amazon. Well-optimized Amazon product titles will:
- Increase brand and product visibility
- Drive more organic traffic to your products
- Result in more sales!
How Amazon SEO Works
Amazon SEO uses the A10 ranking algorithm. Amazon’s A10 algorithm is designed to address transactional intent. It differs from other search engines (Google, Bing, etc.) as Amazon users aren’t looking to conduct research and find specific information. Here are some of the factors A10 will look at when ranking your products
- Keywords: Include relevant search terms in your product listing (including your product title!) to help Amazon decide if your product is appropriate for a particular search query.
- Reviews: Positive reviews mean your products have higher conversion rates. As a result, this will lead to higher rankings in search results. Positive customer feedback, high review ratings, and low return rates will send positive signals to Amazon. In turn, your product will rank higher.
- Sales history: If your product has a solid sales history, this tells Amazon your product listing is worth showing to customers.
- Conversion rate: Products added to the cart/purchased more frequently will rank higher. Incorporate factors such as competitive pricing, compelling product titles, and high-quality images/digital assets.
Optimizing your product title on Amazon
However, you have to play by the rules. Here are some of the Amazon regulations sellers must stick to:
- The Amazon product title character limit is 80 characters
- Do not use all-caps
- Stick to numerals (‘5’ instead of ‘five’)
- Avoid including color and size variations
A full round-up of Amazon’s product title guidelines can be found here. Amazon’s rules differ across product categories, so check the policies where appropriate.
Amazon Product Title Generators
Shopify Product Title Optimization
Creating perfect titles for your products on Shopify is about creativity. However, you must also understand and implement Shopify product title SEO best practices. Remember, your product titles are the first thing customers see when engaging with your brand in search results. They’re pivotal to your store’s success:
- As with Amazon, nailing keyword research is essential
- Leverage product title generator tools to help jumpstart the creative process
- Make sure your product titles are descriptive
- Proper punctuation and grammar will make your product titles look more professional
Avoid SEO pitfalls with your Shopify product titles
SEO penalties can be avoided using Shopify product title SEO best practices and a reliable product title generator.
- Avoid keyword stuffing. Focus on one—or two—keywords per title.
- Ensure each title is unique. Duplicate titles will undo all of your hard work.
Nevertheless, the only way to know if your Shopify product title SEO strategies are working is to measure the success. The good news is Shopify comes with analytics tools to track your traffic and conversion rates.