Most online shoppers decide whether to purchase your goods or abandon your store on your product page. Customers will get that far with compelling product...
1. What is the difference between product information and content?
Product information is specific to the product description, while content provides insights and expertise about that product. Both help customers understand the details of a product, but with the addition of content, your expertise becomes more apparent.
Both can use various forms of digital media and assets to provide everything a customer needs to make a purchase decision, including images, 3D, videos, comprehensive product information, care/installation instructions and relevant associated collateral.
2. Importance of product content for SEO
Today’s consumer visits an average of three websites before making a purchase. The more expensive the product, the more time they take to shop and compare not just products but retailers and brands. SEO is the mainstay of any digital marketing strategy, as it allows you to turn this challenge into an opportunity. By creating consistent, high-quality product content and information, you enrich your content and attract the attention of search engines.
The more quality content and product information you develop and feature online, the more you set yourself up as the expert in your product categories. In turn, this attracts the right visitors to your product pages at the right stage of their customer journey. However, it all begins by enriching your current product information.
3. How to improve online sales with high-quality images and videos
High-quality images and videos give your customers that instant gratification they desire so they quickly understand what the product is all about. By adopting a higher standard for images and committing to video when it makes sense, your product information becomes more robust. However, you have to appeal to today’s “all about me” mentality.
Images and video providing firsthand experiences shows customers what it’s like to use your products. Images and video that tell stories are the best way to engage customers and trigger emotions. Creating an impressive spectrum of images and video for not just new items but existing SKUs provides the visual impact customers need.
In turn, this helps improve online sales.
4. How to better utilize product information
High-quality images and videos give your customers that instant gratification they desire so they quickly understand what the product is all about. By adopting a higher standard for images and committing to video when it makes sense, your product information becomes more robust.
However, you have to appeal to today’s “all about me” mentality. Images and video providing firsthand experiences show customers what it’s like to use your products.
These digital assets that tell stories are the best way to engage customers and trigger emotions. Creating an impressive spectrum of images and video for not just new items but existing SKUs provides the visual impact customers need. This helps improve online sales.
5. How a PIM helps with product information
A product information management system (PIM) helps you achieve the level of product information you need to be number one. There are many business benefits of product information management, including:
- Enriched Data: A PIM makes it easier to collect your current product data and enrich it to make it better suited to the channels you use.
- A Single Source: If you’re working from many systems, from spreadsheets to ERPs, it becomes too time-consuming to create consistently high-quality information. Your PIM stores all your data in one place so you can improve existing data and delete outdated, poor-quality information easily.
- Onboarding New Items: Established conventions simplifies onboarding new products, ensuring the quality of information meets your new higher standards.
- Seamless Marketing: Your marketing experts can enrich product information with descriptions that are brand appropriate and ready for use for all campaigns. They can also create an omnichannel shopping experience across all touchpoints, so customers always see the information they need when they need it.
- Customer Experience: Consistent, high-quality information and content improves the customer experience. It also makes it easier to expand to the trusted marketplaces your ideal customers like to shop.
A PIM also increases time to market, allows for growth on a global scale and expands your product range.
The more information and content you provide to improve online sales, the more you set yourself apart as the expert.