Pimberly’s product information management cloud (PIM) software may be one of the newer options on the market. But it’s quickly put itself at the forefront, boasting efficient and powerful features.
This isn’t just down to good design. The technology that runs through the application plays a major part in PIM. Multiple and variable schemas mean Pimberly works for all users. It can publish enriched product data to all channels. And no matter how much data you’re processing, it has virtually unlimited capacity.
But the cloud capabilities of Pimberly is one of its strongest features. It uses the same multi-billion pound technology that big brands like Netflix and Dropbox have.
What is a PIM?
A PIM platform holds all product data in a single location. It imports data from various feeds and exports it to different sales channels.
When companies sell online, they often have a large number of products displayed on their website. Trying to manually process all this product information can be a mammoth task. It takes time and effort to keep track of thousands of items. But with PIM, companies can process all product information rapidly and efficiently.
There are many advantages to using PIM, which include:
- Increasing online sales and ROI
- Reducing time to market for products
- Amplifying average order value
- Expanding your business into new countries and territories
- Reducing the risk of product returns
Who would benefit from using a PIM?
There’s a huge market of PIM solutions. But Pimberly stands ahead of the rest. This is because the technology removes the large amount of resources and time needed to install traditional PIMs. Instead, users have access via the Amazon Cloud.
What is the Amazon Cloud?
The Amazon Cloud is a stable, reliable and secure cloud services platform. So, it offers storage and content delivering solutions. Hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide rely on the Amazon Cloud.
The key feature of any cloud computing system is how easy it is to access. Users are able to access it from various devices, including mobiles and tablets. With the Amazon Cloud, there’s no need to stay connected to a specific server to access data. You can connect anywhere at anytime with a modern browser and internet connection.
The platform caters for an array of different cloud computing models. With different levels of control, the cloud allows companies to build applications the way they want. In addition, the cloud manages infrastructure as well, providing added security.
Amazon Cloud’s Market Share
Amazon Web Services (AWS) continues to lead the cloud market share for both of their Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) model. See the graph below.
These are the 2016 stats from Synergy Research, released in February 2017.
Key features of Amazon Cloud
- Secure – When relying on a platform to help manage your business, security plays an important role. With Amazon Cloud, you can be sure that all your data is safe. Physical, operational and software measures ensure that infrastructure is secure.
- Reliability – Gone are the days of poorly built, unreliable software prone to crashing. The cloud is the most secure and reliable global computing infrastructure. It’s used to power one of the biggest ecommerce marketplaces in the world; Amazon.com.
- Flexible – The cloud allows for the migration of existing applications. There’s also customisation opportunities. You can select services such as platform, database and other options required for the application.
- High performance – Amazon’s huge infrastructure backs the platform. This allows quick and easy access to storage and computer resources when needed.
When it comes to handling and processing data, security is a must. Cloud security is now seen as one of the most reliable forms of IT security available. This is because it eliminates the risk of systems breaking down.
Originally, there were concerns of security breaches within the cloud. But many businesses have come to realise the cloud is more secure than they initially thought. They’ve realised the number of breaches not protected by the cloud far outweigh the ones that are.
Corporations see the cloud as more of a central security system. It reduces the need for various security platforms and constant updates. It’s easy to update the cloud so it coincides with any new cyber security legislation.
All devices and networks connected to the cloud are centrally protected. Therefore, you can use any device to safely access documents and data.
Advantages of Cloud Computing
- Cost efficient – We all know how expensive it can be to use and maintain traditional desktop software in order to keep it up to date. Along with having to buy multiple user licences for all employees, it can work out to be a large expense. The cloud is available at a much lower cost. So, the service provided reduces the need for IT teams to constantly monitor the software.
- Unlimited storage – For large businesses with a huge amount of data to process, having enough storage to handle it all is crucial. Luckily, the cloud provides unlimited storage to combat any storage space issues.
- Accessibility – You can access your account from anywhere at anytime. Manage all data at your convenience once it’s uploaded to the cloud.
- Backup – With all data stored on the cloud, it’s much easier to back it up and recover it. This is especially true when you compare it with storing data on a physical device. The whole process is much simpler and reduces the risk of losing files.
Why does Pimberly use the Cloud & how does it benefit users?
In the past, setting up new PIM software for big ecommerce companies could take months. It would include procuring new servers or relying on specialist resources. You’d need to open up your network using VPNs or other costly technologies to allow external parties to access it. The types of people who became involved includes:
As a cloud PIM, Pimberly can take away all that hard work. It doesn’t matter if you manage 3000 or 30,000 products. The platform is scalable to meet your needs.
— Pimberly (@pimberlypim) May 9, 2017
With old style software, upgrading or adding new features can be a hassle. You would need to perform software updates or do a reinstallation on new infrastructure. With cloud-based PIM, all users need is to access a modern browser.
From there, it’s a case of entering login details and having instant access to product data. Any updates to the platform and new features are automatically delivered to users. Therefore, there’s no need for costly upgrades with a cloud PIM. This is because you’ll always have the most up to date version of the software.
Another challenge that cloud PIM solves is adapting to rapid expansion. As catalogues and users increase within an on premise client server PIM, requirements get more demanding. Servers and infrastructure age and the performance of the technology behind PIM will decrease. For this reason, you’ll eventually need new hardware or software. But with a cloud-based PIM, none of that is an issue.
A typical large retail ecommerce installation
In large retail organisations, it’s often the case that installing new PIM solutions can take a lot of time and resources. Multiple teams have to install assets such as new servers. This is due to the many terabytes of storage and power that fuels the software. Some of the people to get involved, include:
- Technical architects
- Infrastructure architects
- Security architects
- Linux, STEP and Oracle experts
Overall, these huge installation projects can cost up to anything in the region of half a million pounds. The alternative? A cloud SaaS PIM which completely eliminates every single issue mentioned:
- No infrastructure required, which results in huge cost and time savings.
- An even bigger reduction in cost over time as you’re only dealing with operating expense. You aren’t dealing with initial capital expenditure. This can lead to more capital outlays as you encounter costly updates throughout the software’s lifecycle.
- An incredibly fast set up means you can get started straight away.
- Outsource security issues to Amazon Web Services (AWS). You won’t have to deal with it personally.
- As AWS hosts everything, there’s no strain placed on your network by suppliers or customers. The cloud bears the burden rather than your network.
The Cloud v Installation Software
|Installation software||The Cloud|
|Long installation and setup times.||Instantly available through your existing browser.|
|Storage space and processing speeds rely on your server/PC.||Infinite power and unlimited storage on the cloud.|
|Slow servers or infrastructure means data processing will be slow. This means there will be poor workflow.||The cloud’s power means a speedy processing time. There aren’t any bottlenecks and you’ll have an efficient workflow.|
|Installed locally, on a company’s own computers and servers. Difficult to access on the move.||Available anywhere in the world and on any device. All you need is a modern browser and an internet connection.|
The World’s Most Powerful Cloud PIM Solution
Thanks to the benefits listed above, we believe Pimberly is the most powerful PIM software in the world. Running on the cloud, Pimberly has plenty of storage space. You can process your product data at high speed without any bottlenecks or delays.
Of course, the intuitive software doesn’t come down 100% to Amazon’s Cloud. The design of Pimberly is absolutely key when it comes to ease of use and efficiency. The system processes data using a cluster of NoSQL document databases, with dynamic schemas.
Want to know more about Pimberly’s cloud-based software? Book a free demo and see how it works first hand. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.